Stage Artz Annual Charity Musical Production
Each year, Stage Artz School & Stage Artz Theatre Company combine to produce family musical productions
which are performed at Glen Street Theatre:
- 2016 – THE LITTLE MERMAID
- 2015 – CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
- 2014 – OLIVER
- 2013 – ALICE THE MUSICAL
- 2012 – THE EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES – A New Musical!
- 2011 – PETER PAN
- 2010 – SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL
- 2009 – JUST SO – The Australian Premiere
- 2008 – THE SIGN OF THE SEAHORSE – The NSW premiere of Graeme Base’s new musical
- 2007 – THE WIZARD OF OZ
- 2006 – DISNEY’S BEAUTY & THE BEAST
- 2005 – SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL
- 2004 – HONK! – Winner of the Olivier Award for Best Musical
- 2003 – CASPER THE MUSICAL – The Australian Premiere
- 2002 – STUART LITTLE
- 2001 – ALADDIN
Since 2003, all profits from the Stage Artz Annual Musical Production have been donated to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead. The decision to raise money to help the kids at Westmead has been taken on board not only by audiences and supporters of Stage Artz, but also by the performers. All of the cast members, from 4yrs to adult, have banded together each year to create a sensational show and raise a profit. As well as attending regular rehearsals, cast members also help organise fundraising activities to help cover initial production costs, leaving a large portion of ticket sales for hospital donation.
In the past 12 years, Stage Artz Charity Musicals have collectively raised over $200,000 for the hospital. In 2010, Stage Artz was awarded Major Donor Status at The Children’s Hospital Westmead, and at the end of 2015, the hospital acknowledged Stage Artz as a Lifetime Partner. For adults, the opportunity to perform with, for and in aid of children is exciting and rewarding. For young students, being on stage with experienced adult performers while raising money to help other kids is an experience they will never forget.